Friday, July 06, 2007

More Scribblings

It's Friday and the weekend is upon us. I intend to carve out some time for writing and playing a bit. I've been pretty good - and I use the term loosely - about the Dream Pages exercise. Ramblings from the past couple of days are below. There might be a nugget or two worth exanding and refining in there. At any rate, it's nice to be getting words down on paper... any words.

Next up... guitar practice, melodies and new progressions.

July 6, 2007

Today’s the day I turn it all around
Today’s the day I start all over again
I’m tired of being sick and I’m sick of being tired
I’m gonna get back to a place where I’m back in the game
Or maybe I should stop trying to force it
Maybe by trying to do too much too soon, I just get over my head
Maybe sometimes it’s better to ease in slowly
Or maybe I just don’t understand
It’s the cycles of life that sometimes drive me crazy
Going in circles is nuts, first you’re up then you’re down
How the hell are you supposed to keep it all together
When you can’t even figure it out
Why the fear? Why the uncertainty? What happened to the confident man that was standing here just a moment ago?
Some seem to almost admire a sensitivity, a vulnerability in a man
He’s exposing his soul
Let me tell you that exposing your soul is dangerous
Have we forgotten what vulnerable means?
That’s what prey is right before he’s dinner
Not much to look up to, is it?

July 5, 2007

Willing myself to get up
Yet my limbs are like stone
I know that I must
But they still creak and groan

It’s the weight of the day that holds me down
And pins me to the sheets
It’s the drudgery and the frustration
That’s really hard to beat

Crap on tv
It’s all for sale
Clean your drains
Order by mail

It’s the weight of the day that holds me down
And pins me to the sheets
It’s the drudgery and frustration
That’s really hard to beat

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home