Sunday, January 29, 2006

Filling Time...

Not much new on the music front here. Just got in the new issue of Paste. I love the sampler discs that come with, because I've even managed to become lame about buying music, let alone writing any. Check it out for the interesting skinny on independent music and film.

I also got a CD in the mail from an old friend. We met my freshman year in college out in Springfield, OH. He has/had an acoustic thing going with a buddy and sent me a copy of the album they put together a while back. It was really cool to hear what Pete has been up to. I credit him for much of my interest in guitar, singing and songwriting. We spent many a night with his guitar and friends singing in the dorms.

One thing we did a lot was this improv sort of thing where we'd play a tune on the guitar and go around the room with everyone making up a verse to the song as we went. Not exactly grammy material, but looking back it was a ton of fun and great practice at getting lyrics out. I haven't thought of those days in years, but getting back in touch with Pete has reminded me of many times past.

I need to do more of that.

Thanks, Pete. Again.

Tags: , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Chuck Rose said...

Just keep posting man! That's what counts. NOTHING else matters!!!

7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home