Friday, December 30, 2005

New Recording, Titled '11,000 Days'

Will wonders never cease? I actually managed to take advantage of a chunk of free time this afternoon to dust off another from the Attic. This one goes back to September 1994. My best friend and I had done some camping together, which was the beginning of a handful of trips that have given both of us, and our families, some truly awesome memories.

Anyway, Tom was turning 30. I was not terribly far behind. We had been through college together, or at least a piece of it. Basically, we shared alot of the things that good friends do. Here we were, on the brink of the Big 3-0. Neither of us married. No kids. Not even really established. Just goes to show that a lot of those feelings of wonder blended liberally with cluelessness go beyond 18! Or perhaps I should simply speak for myself.

So this song takes a brief look at that. Written for my friend. I'm proud to say he still is. Our kids play together. Now how cool is that?

11,000 Days

The title and the theme came from some not-so-accurate arithmetic. 30 years on the planet. That's right around 11,000 days. That's a lot of days. So what have you got to show? I hope you like the answer. I do. Most days. *grin*

Tags: , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Brian Meeley said...

Ha! Fooled you. I actually sang those harmonies. Both individually. But I guess the joke's still on me, since I apparently sound like a computer! lol

8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home