Sunday, November 20, 2005

New Recording, Titled 'Country Walk (remix)'

Still working with mixing and editing. I've been trying to achieve a full sound and add some effects. Country Walk was my first attempt, and I wasn't really satisfied with the way it turned out. So here is a remix, using the original source tracks. No re-recording, just a new mix.

Country Walk (remix)

On this one, I used some track doubling again and added a little phase to the guitar lead and background vocals. Speaking of which, after many failed attempts at creating artificial harmonies on the vocal by playing with the pitch, I gave up. Each result was unique and an absolute abomination! A few tries had me laughing out loud at how bad they were! I mean, oh my God!

Anyway, I still intend to go back and re-take many of the tracks on this tune, especially the vocals. But since I haven't had much time to sit, play and record I'll put this next revision out there as a contrast. If you listen to both, the first version sounds really thin in comparison.

Tags: , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Brian Meeley said...

Yeah... the effects are really just covering up some bad lead work. As I say, much of this will need to be re-recorded. Still, the learning process is a blast. Next time out I'll try to do some actual vocal harmonies (if the dawg don't howl too much) and see how that comes out.

4:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home