Thursday, October 27, 2005

New Recording, Titled 'Country Walk'

So, here goes. This is a song I wrote back in 1992 after hurricane Andrew nearly destroyed my brother's house in Country Walk, FL. I needed to try out this new recording software, and with Katrina, Rita and Wilma wreaking all this havoc lately, this seemed an appropriate tune to start with.

I even played with some of the processed effects on the second guitar track. Speaking of the second guitar track... boy, am I rusty! This whole venture will hopefully get me playing at least semi-regularly again. Maybe some of "it" will come back. The nice thing about Audacity is the ability to save projects, replace tracks and basically evolve works over time.

So, I hope you enjoy.

Country Walk

It's about 4 mins long and certainly not studio quality. But man, it was fun!

PS -- thanks to Garage Tunes for the kick-in-the-pants inspiration. Rock on, boys!

Tags: , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Brian Meeley said...

Thanks, bill. And thanks for inspiring me to get back into this. I will definitely check out pure volume. If I keep going, then I'm going to need to do something about storage. For this first one, I just stuck it in a Y! folder. But at ~5MB a pop, that won't last long.

I have a few more items in the attic to dust off... and then maybe I'll be ready to start writing again. Hmmmm... perhaps a remote collaboration is in our future...? That could be cool.

11:13 PM  
Blogger Brian Meeley said...

Dissembling Gershwin? If I tried that, the result would be beyond recognition! You'll see form my other post that I'm trying to put together a set of open source tools for writing and recording. It should be interesting to see what happens.

11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home